Gas shouldn’t cause pain/crying? UPDATED

Shae • Happily married and mama to Ronan, Freyja and Scotti. 💞

Ok so I am EBF and I keep reading everywhere that passing gas should not cause a baby to be in pain or cry, but my baby is very fussy and seems super gassy and will squirm and arch his back and grunt and cry and then pass gas and seemed relieved (for a few minutes before crying again). I’m so confused because it seems like he’s passing gas and he’s in pain from it but according to a lot of medical websites he shouldn’t be? Should I be concerned? He’s been extremely fussy (he fusses almost constantly when he’s not eating or sleeping) and I’m worried he may have a digestive issue - something beyond just gas. He also will wake up just screaming in the middle of the night rather than gradually waking and getting hungry or uncomfortable. I’m just not really sure what to do but I hate feeling like my baby is in pain. :/ I don’t have much of a mom instinct but 4 different mothers I’ve talked to (who collectively have 15 children between the four of them and have spent a lot of time around my baby) have all said it seems like he’s constantly uncomfortable and has a hard time relaxing or settling. I burp him a lot and have tried some dietary changes (eliminating dairy, no carbonated beverages, no gassy foods) Any thoughts? Does gas actually cause pain and everything I’m reading is wrong?

UPDATE: To those asking where I’m reading this, I’ve read it a few places, but most recently the Seattle Children’s Hospital website. I thought it seemed weird too... I mean I hurt when I pass gas... I’ve included a screenshot of the specific part where they talk about gas.