Anyone else having swelling already?

Nicole

So with my first child I didn’t have any swelling until my second trimester. I’m only 7w and already experiencing minor to intense swelling in my hands and feet. I was borderline preeclampsia the whole time I was pregnant with my son and I’m a little worried that swelling this early is a bit concerning. I’m doing everything recommend to decrease swelling but at night it’s gotten to the point my engagement ring won’t fit some nights are better then others and the swelling is minor other nights I have deep red welts where my ring is supposed to be. I either have to take it off or move it to my pinky finger. I have my first prenatal Wednesday and I plan on bringing up the swelling.

Just curious if anyone else has had early swelling? If so is everything fine? A lot of my research points to swelling not happening until late second or third trimester.

Example of minor swelling I’ll try to add a picture of the more intense swelling if I can. My ring is actually a bit lose when my fingers are not swollen. So not a case of the ring not fitting.

Update: Had first prenatal appointment and my blood pressure was running high at 134/88 already. Which was concerning due to past history with my son pregnancy (140/90) being borderline preeclampsia. It’s still early but due to history they are running some blood work and seeing me earlier then normal for my next appointment. In theory if we stay on top of this we can hopefully prevent preeclampsia. They gave me some reassurance that everything else is fine and despite other health concerns my pregnancy shouldn’t be super high risk. Not saying it’s not having any risk factors but they think we can keep things relatively healthy and safe.