Finally lost my virginity!

nia

I know it seems really silly to be excited over but I can't believe after countless times of trying, my boyfriend finally popped the cherry after a romantic night of viewing Christmas lights in the city before they get taken down and a lovely dinner. The one thing that kinda sucked is that he's so girthy! Everyone makes it seem like losing your virginity doesn't hurt that bad but I almost cried from how painful the first few minutes were 😭 He went in slow and we had plenty of foreplay beforehand but he got really excited at one point and thrusted a little too hard. 💀 I thought I was going to die, but I took a breather and he just let me sit on top and let me go at my own pace afterwards which was way more comfortable for me! I did bleed some which he was so sweet and comforting about telling me it's normal and that I shouldn't be embarrassed. Overall, I'm really happy about it. We tried so many times and we've been dating for 7 months and I just couldn't deal with the pain. I thought I was going to have to have a doctor tear my hymen for me! Did anyone else's first time hurt a lot? Any advice you may have for a sheltered 19 year old who just lost her virginity? I don't really have anyone else to share this with so feel free to leave any suggestions, tips, and comments!