help please :(

i had a post via my old one (pics below), and i still like the same guy. it's been a year now, and i don't really think about him like consciously , but i keep having dreams of him.. they're all similar too, it all ends up with us dating, we are happily going to somewhere together and all... but in real life, we don't even talk anymore. he doesn't respond .. we used to be very close , but then he suddenly isolated me , i asked why and he said he was afraid he mislead me so he stopped talking and that he had people he was more comfortable talking to. i understood what he meant , so we stopped talking. but occasionally i would drop in his texts and ask him if he's okay, this year on the other hand, i wished him happy new year and tried to make it up to him by saying we should be friends again and that i'm sorry for everything that happened and all , he didn't respond despite seeing his last seen was like today even though i sent that text last week. he keeps coming up in my dreams and even though i no longer think about him , i can't break off the affection i still have for him, it's really frustrating. it's like i'm consciously making myself suffer for something i should leave.. i don't know what to do. ii