My friends moved away

I’m really struggling with the fact that two of my best friends (who were from Australia) have just moved back there.

I worked with them both for almost 7 months in a job which requires us all to live in Paris (I’m from England) They would always put a smile on my face and we’d cheer each other up if we were homesick.

They both flew back yesterday and I’m finding it hard to come to terms with. I feel like something is missing, work isn’t the same and the vibe is really weird. I find myself wanting to check their social media 24/7 to see what they’re up to and just see their faces but every time I do I get upset.

It’s almost making me a bit homesick too as they have been reunited with their families but I’m still away.

We are going to keep in contact as much as we can with the time difference but I haven’t heard from them much as they’ve only just arrived home so they are spending some well deserved time catching up with everyone.

I don’t know why I’m so upset! I feel like I’m having to start again and make new friends at work now.

Any advice to make me feel better?😊