Boyfriend doesn’t trust me

So my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. We go to the same university, except he’s 22 and I’m 19. A little backstory, he was in a 3 year long relationship right before me. They broke up because she cheated on him, and then him and I started dating 5 months after they broke up.

I’m in college, I like to go out and party with my friends. He’s uncomfortable with this and I understand why, but I’m 100% loyal and told him this. I even told him he can come join us anytime, but he says he’s over the whole college party scene. He’d rather me stay in with him and watch sports (I don’t like sports). Last semester I stayed in with him a lot, but I want to spend more time with my friends this semester and told him that. He got mad and told me that I can go out but he’s gonna be mad at me for it. I also called him a bit controlling and he got upset with that, and I regret saying that a little bit now. I’m a pretty free spirited person and don’t like to be controlled, but I understand why he has these trust issues. I just don’t think it’s fair to set me up for failure because of the other girl’s mistakes.

Any thoughts? Not asking for people to pick sides, but kinda asking for help with finding compromises because I seem to compromise a lot more often for him than he does for me.