Pushy Grandparents

My parents have never put that much pressure on me to do anything and I really appreciate that. They let me make my own decisions and I like to think I’m a pretty responsible adult. Right now, I’m in between jobs. My parents see me apply to jobs on the computer day and night, so they don’t bother me about it. They also see me buy my own groceries, and clean up after myself like any adult living at home would. My grandparents, however, don’t see this I guess, and they don’t believe my mom (their daughter) when she tells them. I don’t think they actually believe that I have been applying to jobs, so they go out of their way to try to find jobs for me 🙄 now don’t get me wrong, I always appreciate any help. But the jobs they suggest are jobs I could not get and they don’t understand that. I only have experience working as a receptionist and that’s what I’m looking to do to put me through graduate school. My grandfather talked to my uncle this weekend and it turns out, the insurance company my uncle works for is hiring claims adjusters. Again, I appreciate the offer and I told my uncle that, but that isn’t something I’d be good at. I don’t do well in high stress situations. And this job is 45 minutes to an hour away from my house! My grandparents, of course, have been pressuring me to apply since they heard about it just because the money is good. I know money is important, but finding a job that I like is equally important to me. They don’t seem to understand that. They think that because I’m still living at home, I must be lazy and a moocher, and it’s pretty obvious that they think that about my mom too, since she’s “only a Nanny”. My mom loves babysitting children. It’s something that brings her joy and I want to have a job like that too. I know I’ll never find the perfect job, but I at least want one that I’ll enjoy. I already had a job I hated and I started having suicidal thoughts during it, after 2 and a half years of not having any thoughts like that. I really just wish they would stop interfering and just let me be. I’ll find a job but it doesn’t have to be right away. I’m almost 23 years old and I know what’s best for me. I don’t care what anyone else has to say about it.