How many + tests before you start believing

Candace • Wife, mom, and makeup artist (in training) Independent SeneGence Distributor #338605

Hey ladies, and SOs if you’re here.

So my husband and I have been TTC for almost 2.5 years with absolutely nothing. Always a BFN, and usually a period that started later than day.

I’m a little in disbelief, and a little nervous that this isn’t real, but I had my very first faint positive line.

So my questions are;

1. I have been such an awful roller coaster of crashing emotions, especially this past year, and I’m afraid to tell my husband this might be a thing, in case I have an early miscarriage. At what point should I generally be safe to tell him?

2. How many tests should one take to confirm this isn’t a false positive? I has bought a bunch of little tests sticks (I think they were meant for doc offices), all individually wrapped. Should I test with that again, or buy something like ClearBlue now that I’ve actually gotten something from the tester?

I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer me. I’m kinda freaking out right now because I’ve wanted to be pregnant and a mom since I was 8 (ok, I didn’t want to *be* pregnant at 8, but I know then that this is what I wanted for my life).