Boyfriends ex wife's last name..

Lu

So my boyfriend got married when he was very young. 18 years old. To His high school sweetheart as a last ditch effort to fix their relationship as she had cheated on him. They got married, She left him for his best friend. Twice. Two different friends. Anywho. They have known each other since they were little like five. Started dating at 14, married at 18, separated at 23. So I came in the picture when he was 24. They where still married, it was a bit complicated because there was a house involved. It needed to be payed down more to refinance. They where both lazy in filling out the paper work. Well we decided to try for a baby. We had been together for 5 years at this point. When I got pregnant they hurried the paperwork and got everything finished before baby came. We gave baby father's last name. I didn't even think about the fact that I would want to share my son's last name. I don't know why I never thought of that. I wanted to hyphen it, but only thought of it once we where home. And my boyfriend said, well if we ever do get married it will be a pain to get rid of it. Which I get I guess. But I have come to find out his ex wife is keeping his last name. I feel so sad and weird that my boyfriend's ex wife will share the same last name as my son..but I will not. This girl has also been a by of a problem in our relationship in the past. Which is why I suppose it bothers me. What do you think. Should I just not worry about it? Let it be it means nothing. Or is there some ground to be sad a little about it?

Vote below to see results!