Help me plan our anniversary!

So at the end of March, my handsome husband & I will have been married for a year! Unfortunately our wedding was a bit of a let down (venue wasn't ready, dress didn't fit due to being pregnant, best man got my husband plastered & I was sober dropping the bridal party home after the reception, got back to our accommodation for our first night as ~newlyweds~ and my husband passed out on the bed). Safe to say I was a little disappointed with the lack of fairytale magic, but anywho.

We've got to be in Sydney for medical appointments the week of our anniversary, & I was thinking of making the most of it. We live in a pretty boring town with no nightlife or bars or anything nice like that, & in the 5 years we've been together, I've never been dressed up or pretty or anything (I'm never going to be able to make him say "wow" or whatever but I'd like to look half pretty).

So Glow, I need your help! What sort of dress do I wear? Should I put lingerie on underneath? What can I do to make the day special? How do I do makeup? Do you know of anywhere nice to go out in Sydney's northern suburbs? Any help is appreciated!