I'm 20 and alone

I'm at this point in life where I've totally cut people who i thought were my friends out of my life . It's sad but being alone will help you to mature and figure yourself out. I've been rejected and lied to multiple times and I've only reciprocated the actions done to me and blocked those people out before they could hurt me again. I'm at this point in my life where I want to make new friendships but my level of trust is soooo fucked up. Not sure if it's the place where I grew up or this generation that just likes to fuck people over who have done them nothing but good. I could give somebody the shirt off my back or offer them a seat at my table to eat and tomorrow they act like a totally different person . I know I'm young and still have a lot to learn in life but at this point i don't care about making friendships or even getting to know people because once they use you and get what they want they're gone and i admit it hurts. Social media has played a big role in this too. I don't understand why people have to make excuses instead of just being open and honest . I'll never understand someone who could fake like they're your friend . If i don't like someone I'll be straight up with them and won't bother to mess with them if i don't like them or want to even hangout . Like why can't people be honest just fucking say how you feel about a person instead of lying and fucking with their head !