Too much too soon!

Nicole

So I just started dating this guy, who is younger than me and the exact opposite of any guy I’ve ever dated. He showers me in affection, he’s funny, smart and challenging (in a good way), ah-mazing in bed....but he also super emotional-and he thinks he is in love with me.

Now, on top of all of this he just got caught with pot and is facing some charges and so where our relationship was moving at a comfortable pace-it is now racing along due the fact he could face jail time. But I really do like him and I want to be there for him. If he wasn’t going through this bullshit (over a drug that is legal in other places!) I’d have no problem telling him to chill (actually it wouldn’t be a problem because he probably wouldn’t be rushing so much). Now I don’t know what to do!

He is calling me his girlfriend but I am just not ready for all that-eventhough we do spend most of our time together. I just started dating again and really wasn’t looking for something this serious. But we get along great and have fun and I don’t want the dating to stop but I am just not in the same space as him. What do I do???