OPINIONS NEEDED: Pregnancy Pillows For Back Sleepers

Kim • ***Life Is A Beautiful Struggle. Find The Beauty.***

Hi there,

I’m not one to post on communities because of some of the negativity that can happen so this is a bit hard for me. But here I am. Im Kim and I’m 14 weeks tomorrow, due on August 1st. My daughter and I have nicknamed the baby ‘Baby Squishy’.

I need some actual real pregnant women opinions that are not influenced by being paid or rewarded. I’m looking for a good pregnancy pillow. After having 8 back related surgeries I was force to learn to love sleeping on my back. My last surgery was back in ‘15 and I’m actually doing excellent with only ‘minimal’ (for what I’ve been through) daily pain and random flare ups, so far. Although it’s early, no pain has increased except ‘bruised’ tailbone pain. I’m not looking for the pillow for pain relief, yet anyway. I’m looking more for comfort. My doctor wants me to start working on left side sleeping now because adapting after being force to sleep on my back to protect myself after surgery may be hard.

I currently have 3 queen size comforters and 1 queen size blanket positioned around me along with a twin size blanket on top of my pillow under my head and 1 oversized couch pillow under or in between my knees. Arranging these to get comfortable takes FOREVER and when I get comfortable I have to pee again.

Long story but this is why I’m trying to find a good but not too expensive pregnancy pillow. I have found that I want a U-shaped pillow but the prices range from $34 - $150. I don’t want to spend more than $80 and this is my last pregnancy so it won’t be used again. Any ladies out there that have found a good priced but quality pillow yet or heard of good ones?

I’m a biggest fan of close to or overstuffed pillows so anything flat or kind of flat probably won’t work.

If it helps, I’m 5’4” and about 140 and have a queen size bed that’s often shared with my cuddly 9.5 year old, who’s only about the size of a 7 year old.

Please any opinions and comments are welcome but please be nice in whatever you’d like to say as we all have those crazy hormones right now and only need to support and build up each other especially now.

Thanks from a very tired mama.