Am I overthinking things?

My boyfriend and I have been together for just over a year, known each other for years, and very much in love. He cooks for me most days, and does most of the cleaning because I’m usually tired after work and really don’t feel like doing much when I get home. We get along so well and do a lot together and he treats me like a queen.

But he’s always on his phone watching videos on YouTube or on social media or playing games.

He’s not very open about his feelings too often but when he does open up he tells me everything on his mind whether it’s good or bad.

But again this whole being on his phone all the time is annoying me, like I mean most times he falls asleep it’s in the bed with us. I feel like I over react when I look at the messages and find nothing, I only look because I suffer from a lot of anxiety and my ex boyfriend who I broke up with over 2 years ago did this kind of thing and turns out he was cheating.

My current boyfriend is nothing like my ex but the previous relationship was very abusive and I still suffer from the aftermath of it all. My boyfriend knows this, understands this and is very supportive.

But my mind always goes back to how he’s always on his phone. We do not hide things from each other and 90% of the time I don’t even stress over it because the only times it really gets to me is when my ex is brought up or when I get worked up it’s usually about multiple things and then I find myself stressing over EVERYTHING imaginable. Not even things that have to do with our relationship, I mean everything like work and family and everything else in between.

I hate bringing it up to him because I feel crazy all because of my previous relationship. Although sometimes when I have the courage to bring it up he’s honest and understanding but yet the phone situation does not change.

Am I overthinking things? I feel like I should really trust him more because he has NEVER given me a reason to not trust him, but part of me is going crazy inside over it.