Relationship break/ break up? Kind of long 😅

Dana

Okay so I need some advice or encouragement or in general just some nice words 😕

Me and this guy were dating for about 8 months (we were friends for about a year before dating), he was a very good boyfriend for the majority of the relationship but the past month or so i could tell he was very stressed from work and was being very distant with me relationship wise (we work together at his family owned restaurant & he’s basically my boss) and i just had this bad feeling that he was gonna break it off with me and then a couple days ago he did. But he said it was because he knew it was gonna get harder and harder to make time for us and he didn’t want to hold me back from going further in my life and he knew he wasn’t gonna be able to take the next step in our relationship for quite awhile and thought it’d be better for both of us to go our own ways the next few chapters of our lives. He also takes care of his grandma and he’s a bit of a hermit. I know he was holding me back a bit because i did put off moving/ going to college, not only for him, but also because I didn’t know what I wanted to go to college for or if I even wanted to go.

But I just wanna know if it’s stupid/ a waste of time for me to think that sometime in the future we might get back together? Or if that’s a conversation to have with him?

Also, any advice on how to move forward and how to work on yourself? And how to pick a career?

Any advice would be helpful and much appreciated😊💞