Have to vent.

So I’m 24 and my mom is 46. 15 years ago she met a guy at a bar and fell in love. He started beating her broke her right eye socket, her thumb, her nose, made her get addicted to cocaine and left me and my 26 year old brother. At the age of 8 & 10. She got into drinking all the time. Well recently a guy has been coming to her work she’s a bartender (been a bartender for 10 + years) well. She came back into my life when I was 16 I was the happiest..

She then kept dating this guy. He would call her a whore in front of us kids. A bitch. Slut. Skank. Well back to meeting this guy... he is 52 has one son that is 22 him and my brother have the same first and middle name. I giggled a little bit. It’s ironic. She still drinks but not everyday. It hurts me so much that she chose her ex over us and drugs. But now she’s acting like a teenager she met this 52 year old and she called off work today to just clean her house and make sure dinner is set for him to come over to her house. I thought it was nice of her to put so much effort into it. I’ve told her go for it. Well she says she really really likes him. I got butterflies in my stomach for her. Haha. Well she’s kissed him and was so excited about it. I’m basically saying get out of a bad relationship if you’re in one. I try to get her away from beer but nothing works. I just want her in my life now. So I’m happy for her to move on like this and find someone who doesn’t abuse her and love her for her.