Rant. Important, we’re being lied to.

When doctors prescribe medicines, they get paid.

^^^ read that again^^^

So I went to the doctor for adderall. I was trying to get adderall. Why? I was 21 once and took adderall for fun. Didn’t eat, didn’t sleep. But I still felt good.

Now I’m 25. I have a 6 month old daughter. I struggle to get up in the morning to get things done. I was always tired. Always moody. Always. (It’s called the kids first year of life, it’s not fun.)

But I knew that now that I’m older, I can go to the doctor and I can convince him to prescribe me adderall. That’s what I did. ( I have been on anti depressants for YEARS. Started because I was sleeping all day @14)

I went to a psychiatrist. I told him that I was struggling. I told him that anti depressants were not working for me bc I am not depressed. He asked a series of questions:

Are you sad? No

Did something major happen in your life recently? I mean I had a baby but no.

On and on.

Finally I said. I’ve always went to th doctor with anti depressants written on my chart so the new doctor would just change medicines, but I’m not depressed. I’m tired. I’m chronically tired. I weigh more than I’ve ever weighed and I never accomplish anything. I’m frustrated.

He says, have you ever heard of adderall?!

I played dumb. I said I know that treats ADD, but I never thought I’d need it.

He says, that’s exactly what you need.

So I walked out with 20 mg 2x daily.

I came back a month later for my follow up and said it’s not enough, I tried beating around the bush but this man says, “so what you’re trying to say is DOC I NEED MORE!” He laughed as he said it. I said yeah I guess so.

This time I walk out with 30mg 3x daily.

Three. Times. Daily.

I tried it once and I thought I was having a heart attack. I almost went to the ER. And besides, insurance only pays for adderall 2x daily. I have good insurance. It’s FDA regulated. Adderall 2x daily.

ALL OF THIS TO SAY.

Open up your eyes.

Stay woke

This man did not care that I had a newborn. Everything that I describe is TEXT BOOK new baby in the house.

I referred my sister to the same doctor and she got adderall her first visit.

The big names in the world, “the government”, pharmaceuticals, they’re lying to us.

Cancer is cured. It has been for years.

There are loved ones, mommy’s, daddy’s, baby brothers and sisters who die everyday because people sit at a BIG DESK and say “no. My paycheck is more important than lives.”

We are being lied to, on facebook, on instagram, on small town Alabama news channels.

Doctors are getting incentives for prescribing certain medicines, for administering the flu shot, for teaching first time fragile innocent moms that vaccines are vital. And we all just let it happen.

I pray for our children. I pray for America.