Need advice (insomnia) *trigger*

Ever since the Parkland shooting has been blasted everywhere online for the past 2 days it has made me really uneasy. I also saw those graphic videos going around on Facebook and it has really affected me because I’ve never seen anything like that before. I have a brother in school still and it really scares me, and one time I had a really scary encounter with a strange guy at my school that the administration didn’t really ever address when I told and he knows where I live. I saw him several months ago because he lives a few streets away from me but I haven’t spoken to him since HS. It was a really big issue because he was harassing my phone and stalking me and then tried to give me a knife at school because he overheard me telling about an issue going on between me and another girl, and he told me to use it on her. Obviously I ran straight to the principal but they didn’t address it except a “slap on the hand”. Anyways he probably isn’t that much of a threat but I’ve been having anxiety and I had nightmares all last night and could barely sleep. I tried to sleep all morning.. laid in bed until 1 pm. I know this sounds so stupid but it’s 2:30 am and I can’t sleep. I’m sitting on my couch trying to watch tv to distract my mind. I want to go lay in bed but my husband is asleep because he has to work tomorrow and I can’t play the tv in there because it will wake him up. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?? My husband is going to be on nights for 4 days starting tomorrow so I’m gonna have to sleep alone every night :( I don’t know what to do or how to fall asleep. I can’t sleep without tv on because it’s like those images keep coming back in my mind. My head is hurting so bad from lack of sleep.