Wisdom Teeth removal during the 2WW

carly

Hi everyone!

Hubby and I are TTC for the first time and of course my Wisdom teeth decide this is the perfect time to erupt from my gums and cause absolute havoc, pain and agony in my mouth!

After a few days of not being able to chew, sleep or do *anything* with my mouth... even on Valentine's Day... 😔 I reluctantly went to the dentist...of which I have a HUGE fear!

I withstood a deep clean and some very dissaproving words from the dentist as they told me my lack of dental care has resulted in Gingivitis, 2 cavities, 3 fillings and all 4 wisdom teeth needing to come out!

I cannot go through this consious- i accidentally asked them to euthanize me instead of anaethetize me 😂😂😂 they had a good laugh whilst I was crying inside ...

Anyway im having a consultation with the aneathisist in the next few days and I am tentatively booked in for the full works on March 6th and have been put on Amoxicillin in the meantime.

Hubby and I decided to wait until after my mouth gets it's makeover before we continue TTC... but of course we couldn't help ourselves last night and one thing led to another ... whilst I'm on coincidentally on my prime ovulation day...

Question is, have any of you ever had Wisdom teeth out during pregnancy? please share your experiences, advice, warnings and even tips to help ease this pain whilst I am in this long 2WW (2WW could also relate to 2nd World War at this point because that's what it feels like is going on in my gums!)

I will ask all the necessary questions to the aneathisist and dental surgeon at my consult and of course chances are I am not even pregnant but knowing my luck the one time I'm like "oooohh I hope it hasn't happened yet so I can deal with this" it will have happened...which would be amazing news haha I have very mixed emotions on it right now!

HELP!