How do you do this...

Friday night my uncle was walking and got hit by car. It left him in critical condition. After tests results yesterday, he has no brain activity after being in cardiac arrest for 30-40 minutes after he was hit. The doctors said if he ever wakes up we could try to keep him, but it’d be very painful because pretty much his whole body is broken, and he’d just have a very very hard life ahead of him. And he could go into cardiac arrest again so we might not even have a chance anyways. So as a family we made a decision to take him off life support today... we are waiting until everyone gets to the hospital this evening then we will let him go. How do you do this. How do you say goodbye and watch someone you love die right in front of you. My grandmother is losing her son, and she just lost her brother not even a year ago. I’ve barely slept, I’ve barely ate. I have been able to spend much time with my 8 month old son since the hospital is 2 hours away. I’m just shattered. This hurts so bad. I’m sorry for a post like this. I just need to express it even more, even though my mother side of the family and friends have been here for me. Please just send some prayers for my heartbroken family, that together we will get through this.