Irregular periods

Madison

I found out I had my period when I was about let’s say ten years old, and I was totally excited cause I was turning into a women. Little did I know that my periods were not normal, they weren’t coming every month like all my other friends were, but probably every two or three months. I go to my doctor at the time and address her with my problem, and tells me that I’m “lucky” and that it takes time to regulate itself into a cycle. It took almost five years for my periods to become regular. I know, not having your period for a month without having any health problems or chance of pregnancy is the most joyous thing in the world, but for me it wasn’t. I remember telling my friends about my irregular periods and then looking at me in horror, of how I could only get four or five periods a year. Now that I have my period every single month, I’m happy for it. Sure the cramps might be hell and I can sometimes be a snarky bitch, but I would rather take the pain than not knowing when my period is ever going to come. Honestly, I don’t know how it regulated. It just did. And I’m sure as hell happy that my “friend” is always there to greet me every month.