To wait or to let the secret out

Jen

In October, we had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, and hadn’t told anyone we were pregnant. We ended up telling a fair amount of people (close family, close friends, my coworkers) after the loss, because we couldn’t go through it alone. Now we are pregnant again (4w5d) and while we aren’t announcing yet, we are considering telling a few people much earlier. The anxiety with this pregnancy is so much higher, and I think the support would be helpful. What do y’all think? What has been your experience?

I like the idea of telling people when it’s still a happy thing, and have them be joyful with us. If we lose this pregnancy too, then we will have that support. But on the flip side, people have loose lips and may tell anyone and everyone, which could be hard if we have another loss.

I’m planning to hold off on a public announcement at any rate. I am considering the idea of waiting until our original due date in May, which would be about 17 weeks, and then we could acknowledge our loss while still sharing our joy.