Thoughts?

So recently my bf started teaching me how to play this game (similar to League) and I've been at it for about two weeks now. I know I'm still a beginner and all but he's been really sweet in playing with me and encouraging me. Last night he asked me if I wanted to play with him and his friends and I asked him if it would be okay since I mean, I'm still a beginner and I know I'm probably nowhere near as good as them. He said it was fine since his friends just all play for fun anyway and he invited me to join their Discord group. When I join the group, I see that before he added me he had wrote to his friends, "Anyone want to play with me and my gf? She's pretty bad tho >.>" When I saw that I was pretty taken back because I just didn't expect him to say that especially behind my back. I told him half laughing and half just in disbelief that what he said was pretty sh*tty of him and I didn't want to play anymore. He apologized profusely afterward and he knows he was wrong for saying that. I forgave him but now I'm just bothered because it's like I saw a side of him that treated me in a way I never thought he would. I know guys (not all but you know many of them do) tend to just say stuff without really thinking but DAMN I felt like I was stabbed in the back lol. Any thoughts??