Should I try BDSM?

Ruby

So I had sex with my good friend for the first time and he told me he was into BDSM. I’ve been thinking about having sex with him again since it’s been so long since I had sex (not counting yesterday). I’ve only had intimate sex when I had a partner until yesterday I had consensual sex with my friend (which was really bomb). I was always afraid of trying out BDSM since it made me fear that I will be hurt. When I lost my virginity the boy I gave my virginity to loved receiving and giving pain for sexual pleasure which lead me to fear BDSM. He would bite me really hard to the point that I would almost bleed and thrusted me really hard while wearing latex condoms when he knew I was allergic and it burned (don’t worry I cut connection with that boy and I got a clean bill from my doctor). I don’t like receiving pain so I want to know from any BDSM lovers out there is it painful? I don’t want to say I don’t like it when I didn’t try it plus I want to try new things after having sex with a good friend for the first time. If you think I should try it can you give me tips and suggestions on what to do? I trust my friend and he knows about my low pain tolerance and how I need latex free condoms so I trust him to try BDSM if I end up doing it. I would love to hear a lot of thoughts and advice on this and I’d love to hear some stories too! Tell me why you like BDSM and how it changed your thoughts on it! Thank you all in advance! ❤️