I’ve never felt this way before...

Jayla

Yesterday a friend of mine was flipping through my sketchbook while I was working. Suddenly she tosses a folded up sheet of notebook paper at me. “This is for you,” she says. The paper had my name on it. I had never seen it before. I unfolded it and read it.

It was a long, poetic like note about how this person loves my drawings and how seeing me draw, seeing me in my element, puts them at ease. They then go on to say how much they laugh when I’m around and how cute my smile is...and how special they think I am...it was written on Valentine’s Day.

No one has ever said is about me before. It brought me to tears. For the rest of the day whenever I thought about the note began to tear up (hell im tearing up now just thinking about it). I’ve never felt like this before. I feel so happy and overwhelmed...

Then came the anxiety.

This had been in my sketchbook since Valentine’s Day and I found it on March 1. They must have thought I’d seen it and was completely dismissing them!! Or they were disappointed that I hadn’t found the letter yet. And what am I gonna say to them??

I’ve decided to draw them something. A short comic of how I found the letter and how it made me feel. As well as a letter of my own. I see what’s happening. I want this too.

I think I may know who it is as well and...wow. I never knew she felt that way about me...tbh I kinda like her too...she’s funny and cute and silly and I’ve known her for 3 years. I want to make this work.

(This is the letter btw)

I’m so so happy and excited and just...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA