let's talk about heartbreak...

Liliana

I broke up with boyfriend 2 weeks ago. I'm having a hard time dealing with it. I'm 36 but I had few relationships in the past, and those were very short term and not very serious... this one was different, I thought it would last... so I'm having a hard time with the all the crying, and I'm not sleeping or eating ok... other than getting wasted and/or banging some random dude - which I won't do - anyone has any tips to deal with this? I have a full life and friends and hobbies to fill time, and obviously that helps. But anytime I stop be it at home or not, I cry. music on the radio - cry. random stupid stuff that reminds me of him - sobbing outburst... it seems to be a trend among friends taking a short course of antidepressants to ease the emotional pain... I'm tempted cause I really feel bad and I'm not functioning very well at work or elsewhere... antidepressants could be a quick fix... but I worry that the problem will just stay dormant and return when i stop the meds... anyone has tried it? thanks