Mom thinks divorce is contagious/trend 🙄 HELP

I’ll be 21 in September and my boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 1 year. My mom is not entirely against him BUT she is constantly ridiculing me over the fact that he has divorced parents (and other divorced relatives). She claims it’s not a good idea to get too “seriously involved” with him.

His mom has had 2 past marriages. Side note: my mom hasn’t even met his mom yet, but still deeply judges her. My mother has this idea in her head that divorce is “contagious” and that if my boyfriend and I ever get married; he will divorce me eventually as well.

My dad does not think this way - but my mom tries so hard to brainwash him into agreeing with her.

I am so in love with my boyfriend & he has treated me with such high respect every day this entire year so far. He’s also so respectful to my family. He is so smart & on the path to be a lawyer. I am really the happiest I have ever been.

BUT, my mom’s constant judgements are so hurtful and discouraging. I have spoken to her about this MULTIPLE times but she doesn’t care that it makes me so upset.

( I’m a sophomore in college, I live at school most of the time - my boyfriend goes to the same school - and I probably wont be able to move out until I graduate due to financials.)

What should I do? Is she right? Am I overreacting?

Please send some criticism/advice 😔💛