Need advice.

So my best friend of 7 years is married. They have been together 2 1/2 years and they have been married for almost a year. I have had my suspicions of abuse for multiple reasons. Well she finally came to me and told me that he is physically abusive. We were texting and I saved all the messages. I did everything I could to listen and not freak out on her. I didn't want to make her pull away. But I did tell her the truth about how dangerous this is and that he could kill her and that she needs to leave. I know from watching other people that there isn't much I can do to make her leave. That she has to want to leave. All I can do is be there when she needs me. I feel so stuck and helpless. I just bawled my eyes out. Does anyone have any advice on something I can do to just be there more for her.

Reply to comments

She's very stuck on staying right now. I'm terrified to do anything to make him worse on her. I'm the only person she has to talk to. They live in a town where things like this aren't taken seriously..at all.

I'm not trying to force her to do anything. I agree she is an adult. I just wanted to know if there was someone who has been through this and if so what would you have needed from your best friend?