Hypothyroidism and Low Sex Drive

Emilia

Anyone else have a SO with low sex drive due to hypothyroidism? When my husband and I first met he wanted it all the time but about a year or so ago his sex drive drastically decreased. He assured me that he was still attracted to me and wanted to have sex with me but his body just wasn't interested for some reason. I still always blamed myself and thought that since I had a baby I'm just too ugly and fat to be desirable anymore. I even went out with my friends to bars in an attempt to get hit on by other men. I know that's not the best idea but my husband knows about it and I never had any intention of going beyond receiving nice compliments from these guys. I just needed to feel like I was still attractive. As the time went on I begged my husband to get checked out because his sex drive never went back to normal and he began to become depressed. He's the type of person that refuses to go to the doctor for anything so he never went to get checked out. Fast forward to about a month ago and he has gained a lot of weight so he decided to do a clinical trial for a new weight loss drug. As a part of the trial he had to have blood work done. In the blood work they discovered that he likely has hypothyroidism. They are conducting more tests just to be sure but he has all of the symptoms so we are pretty certain that he has it. Plus, it is hereditary as his mother also has it. I'm upset that he has this problem but I'm also really relieved because this explains why he's been having the low sex drive. The thyroid affects the testosterone production which in tern controls the sex drive. Has anyone else ever had to deal with something like this and if so, did your partner regain their sex drive after receiving treatment?