6 weeks along and just started a new job Friday!

So I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago, interviewed with a GREAT company on Tuesday, got offered the job, and started Friday. I’m 6 weeks today and go to the doctor to check the viability in two weeks, 2 days before I’m 8 weeks and 2 days before my birthday.

I really wanted to announce to friends and family on my birthday that we’re pregnant, but I’m not sure what to do about work. They are very family oriented and are very close-knit. I started Friday and someone stopped me and told me she already found my Facebook and noticed we had mutual friends.

If I waited until the “90 day introductory period” is over, it would be mid-June and I’m sure I’d be showing by then.

Should I be upfront and honest? Let them know after my doctor’s appointment? Inform them that I’m here up until the day I go into labor and plan to return after my maternity leave is over? Start the planning early? Or do I wait?

I’m just so excited about the tiny human growing inside me and want to be able to share that excitement with friends and family!