Does this happen??? Sex...

For the past 2 weeks, my bf and I have only had sex twice...like once each week. Last week, we got into a big fight which obviously delayed us doing it. We did it 3 days later (this week)...and that’s it. And OF COURSE I had to get my period this week. We normally do it towards the end of my period.

But all week I’ve been worrying that we’re not going to do it and we just still have not. We normally have sex about every 2 days...so only doing it once a week is rare. Not to mention 2 weeks in a row of that. I asked my boyfriend if everything is okay and he says yes. We got SO close to finally doing it last night but we ended up both falling asleep. He’s been telling me it’s just one of those rare weeks where we don’t do it and that it won’t go on for a 3rd week and that we’ll end up doing it a lot. When I worry, he obviously gets turned off. I’m just frustrated that all this is happening. I’m trying to keep positive but it’s hard when nothing is happening. This has happened once before where we had done it once within 2 weeks, but that’s it. We’ve been together for 3 years now, but does this happen to anyone else? Is it normal for couples to have these weeks.