Progesterone help, please

So I just need some advice because iv been told so many mixed stories about being on progesterone.

A little back story about myself:

I am currently 22 and was diagnosed with a kidney disease about 6 years ago. Due to the kidney disease I have hypertension and blood and protein spill into my urine. I’m considered a high risk pregnancy. I have a 2 year old son who was born at 37 weeks when my water broke naturally. He was a very healthy 6lbs 15oz little boy with nothing wrong! Iv had multiple early miscarriages within the last year and my OBGYN thinks it’s because my progesterone was dropping too low. I am currently 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant with baby #2. My first blood work at 14 DPO My progesterone was 18.8 which was great but then at 21 DPO it dropped to 12.9. Just to be safe my OBGYN put me on Prometrium (progesterone) 100mg twice a day orally for 1 month. I haven’t had any issues, no bleeding, no cramping nothing! But then my mom (she’s an OB labor and delivery nurse) was told by a midwife (who delivered my son) that she didn’t like that I was put on the progesterone. She said there is a reason my body was having these miscarriages, if it was a healthy egg and everything was okay then my body wouldn’t loose the pregnancy. She went on to tell my mother heartbreaking stories of babies who were born with genetic issues because these mothers went on progesterone when naturally there body was trying to miscarry.

So now I sit here, worried something is wrong with this child iv wanted so badly. Thinking iv done the right thing trying to do everything I can to save this baby. To find out I may have caused my child more heartache. Iv been on the progesterone for two weeks now. I dont know if I should continue if until the month is up or stop it and hope I don’t miscarry due to actually having low progesterone and it not being a genetic issue.

My OBGYN told me that if I’m starting to miscarry and the problem is because of low progesterone, the progesterone supplement will save the pregnancy. But if I’m loosing because of a genetic issue the progesterone will not save the pregnancy.

I would love some feedback, good and bad, on women who have been put on progesterone and their stories.