38 week check today - Induction next week!

Ashlee • Married my high school sweetheart. Had our little lady 3.16.2016 💜 Had our little man 3.27.2018 💙 Teaches HS English

This is my second pregnancy (daughter turned 2 last week!) and I had my 38 week check today. I know I will get a lot of backlash for this, but I will be getting induced next Tuesday by my choice! Doctor did strip my membranes today and I have had a lot of cramping since. We did this with my first as well but it did not work the first time--the second time I went into labor within 24 hrs!

Today the doctor checked my cervix and I am 3cm dilated and 100% thinned. I am choosing to be induced for a couple reasons: 1) I teach and spring break begins next week, which means I won’t have to use sick days so I can bank them for another week home with new baby! 2) My SIL will take my daughter as she also teaches and has the same break, which will be less stressful for my daughter since she will be with family. 3) We’re ready! Baby boy is healthy and my pregnancy has been issue free (same with my first pregnancy). We are beyond excited to meet our little man next week!

We’re almost there ladies!!!