Our turn...

Talia • Rainbow baby on the way. My little man- Maddox Scott ♥️ first time mama.

Finally it’s me and my sweet boys turn to tell our birth story! Thursday, March 15th, I was 39+6 and had a follow up appointment for monitoring and my doctor told me to bring my hospital bags ready because more than likely they’d admit me for induction that night. No pressing reason to induce except for the fact that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 29 weeks so it was kind of set that I wouldn’t go past 40 weeks. Prior to the appointment I had experienced some Braxton Hicks contractions in the weeks leading up to my induction but I wasn’t dilated, effaced, or losing any fluids 🤷🏻‍♀️. Anyways, I went in at 2 Pm for monitoring, they took an US and sat me down on the nst machine. Came back and told me my fluids were on the low side and by 4:30 they confirmed that they’d start my induction that night! my boyfriend and I were pumped. Not sure the exact time but the nurse checked me, I was about 1 cm dilated prior to any medication. I was given my first dose of cytotec (cervix softener) and told that this would be the first of 3 doses depending on my progress over the following 12 hours. By 10:30 that night (2-3 hours after meds) my body threw me into full on labor. I was not expecting the level of pain that came along with contractions! They were maybe 2 minutes apart and INTENSE. Around 1:30 am they checked my cervix (which hurt like hell at that point) and I was about 2.5 cm. They gave me stadol, a pain killer. Horrible idea. It just made me extremely drowsy, groggy, and didn’t help the pain during contractions at all. The nurses came back to check me around 3 am and decided I wouldn’t need any more cytotec since I was having such regular contractions and told me I was about 3 cms. They offered an epidural and I gladly accepted lol. I honestly barely felt a thing when given the epidural.... I’d redo 1000 epidurals before having another night of contractions. So then I felt sooooooo much better, I labored through the rest of the night, still having regular contractions and my epidural took perfectly so I could still kinda feel my legs and roll myself from side to side. Around 7 am the new nurses came in and my doctor checked in with me. Since my contractions were still consistent at 2-3 minutes apart they said we’d pass on the pitocin completely and let me continue to labor. Shortly after I told the nurse I had been having some pressure and she was kind of reluctant to check me, saying she’d check in two hours or so... I told her I think she should check now and I was right, I was 8 cm! The next couple of hours flew by and are a blur, by 10:20 I was 10 cm and pushing.... at 10:48 I had a perfect, handsome, 7 Lb 15 oz, 20.5” baby boy. One little tear on my labia. 25 minutes of pushing. Born on his due date. His daddy and I have been on cloud 9 since his birth. Here’s some pictures of my first born!!! Maddox Scott Belko 3/16/2018