Suddenly regular?

Katie • Biologist 🧬 wife 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 schnauzer mom 🐕‍🦺🐕‍🦺 human boy mom 👨‍👩‍👦 angel baby mom 👼🏻

I’ve always been irregular; actually went on birth control as a teen because of it. I had my iud places last year and removed in December. Both with and without the iud I have had ~40 day cycles, give or take a week. This past month, I spotted for 3 weeks straight. It was dark brown, old blood. The spotting started about a week and a half (off and on) before my “suggested” period day and continued for another week and a half. I only “bled” one day, a week after AF was due; all of this is SUPER unusual for me.

Assuming that one day was CD 1, I should be on CD 9. Last night and this morning, I had a huge LH surge and EWCM (a first for me!). Based on when the spotting became consistent, I could be up to CD 16. I’ve never had strong signs like this before (some almost positive opks and watery cm, but nothing more) and never this early in my cycle. Like I’ve never been so happy about the stuff coming out of my body before... for as long as I can remember nothing has been regular and now all of a sudden my body is doing all the things it’s supposed to.

Is this too good to be true? Has anyone else jumped from 40+ day cycles to a shorter, “regular” cycle?