QUESTION ABOUT CHILDREN & THE BABY SHOWER

Colleen • I am 25 years old. Engaged to an amazing man. I am an Independent Provider for the DODD. I am getting my associates degree in English. I am a writer, gamer, blogger, lover of tv and film. Pregnant with my first child.

So, my baby shower is far away but as always, I’m making preparations early.

To get right to it, my question: Am I a bitch / a bad person for not wanting children from ages 2-11 there? The baby shower is going to be at a hotel and it’s my first baby and I just kind of want it to be adults.

I love my boyfriends nieces who are 6 and 9 but they constantly cling to me, don’t listen when I tell them no and always ask (at every function that involves gifts) to open presents and who will take sweets without asking. Their mother is a wonderful woman but she does not discipline them and I feel like a mean (soon to be) aunt for telling them no. I know they love me, but I feel like I’m going to be very stressed out if there are kids there who won’t listen to me and who will make me feel like the bad guy for saying no.

There is another girl who I am inviting whose 2 year old constantly cries and does not sit still.

I expressed my feelings to my sister and she said if I say “ADULTS ONLY” that no one with kids will come and will probably be angry at me.

So what’s your opinion? I hope no one thinks I’m being a bitch. Because most likely, I’m going to invite kids because I’ll end up feeling like a bad person for not doing so since the baby shower is about and for my child.

So please give me your opinion!!