little late and long...sorry!

Mi

So I'll start out by saying I ttc my son for a year before I finally got my bfp. fast forward to me being 36 weeks I went in for my appointment. I had had some hip and back pain but nothing major. the doctors assistant checked my cervix and she told me she thought I was dialated to 4 cm. she went and got my doctor and got him to check me just to make sure and sure enough I was 4 cm. They hooked me up to the nst machine and saw I was having regular contractions. I was confused because I couldn't feel a thing. So we went to the hospital per my doctors orders where they gave me fluids to try to stop me from going into labor in case it was caused by dehydration. long story short I only progressed half a centimeter in 15 hours so they sent me home. A week later I'm laying in bed thinking I might feel contractions so I time them and i head to the hospital. I wasnt in any pain so I figured they'd send me home again. they checked me and I'm at a 6 so they admit me. I hop in the jacuzzi for 45 minutes, use the peanut ball and 8 hours later I'm only at a 7. doc comes in and breaks my water. up until now ive not felt a single contraction. they felt like mild period cramps. once my water was broken all hell broke loose. I was screaming in pain. after my 5th contraction I finally broke down and asked for an epi. it takes them 2 tries but they finally get it going and its heaven. I sleep for 4 hours and I'm finally at a 10 so I started pushing. I could feel when I was having contractions so I knew when to push. I could also move my legs and was walking 30 minutes after delivery so I'm not sure if it wore off or not. anyway I pushed for 2.5 hours and when he came out he was blue. he wasn't crying and he was having retracted breathing. it took them a little while to get him breathing normally and his head was extremely brused and scuffed up. my nurse told me he was turned the wrong way and got stuck and that was why I had to push for so long. they kept him in the nursery for 3 hours and when they told me he was on his way to my room I broke down crying. absolutely scariest experience of my life. he latched on like a pro after 2 minutes of being in my arms. he was born 6 lbs 7.8 oz and 20 inches long at 3:37 on March 7, 2018.