Rant About Pregnancy Weight Gain

Callie • 👶🎀 8.18.18. 👶🎀 3.16.20.

I had my 20 week appointment today. I’ve gained almost 10 lbs so far (half of that was in the first trimester due to my lack of morning sickness, which was replaced by fatigue). Doctor recommended today that I try not to gain more than 15 lbs throughout the whole pregnancy (a month ago she said under 20 lbs would be okay). I’d love to keep my weight gain under 15 lbs, but I’m not sure it’s possible to limit my weight gain to just 5 lbs in these last 20 weeks based on the rate I’ve been gaining at, and the weight gain still to come. However, I’m terrified of GD and pre-eclampsia, especially since my husband and I are about to move cross country with our pets, and can’t leave them alone in the car, which limits our options to solely fast food joints—many of which have very limited healthy options. 😩 I’m so upset with myself for having gained this much already, and I feel like if anything bad happens, it’ll be all my fault for being a gluttonous pig. I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with food, and after losing a bunch of weight previously, packing on 20 lbs (even for pregnancy) is emotionally difficult enough for me—I don’t appreciate the way she makes me feel guilty about it—as if I want to be gaining all this weight!

Anyone else feeling this way? Anyone have advice for healthy eating on this road trip? This is so hard. 😔