*updated Paraguard IUD + VERY heavy period

Vallary

How much blood is too much? I've had my paraguard iud since 7 weeks postpartum and I'm 7 months postpartum now. I've had pretty regular periods since December (somehow didn't have a period in Feb though, I am breastfeeding, so I wasn't worried about it) today is day 3 of my period and I'm soaking through super plus tampons about every hour or two. I'm currently using super plus tampons and wearing a maxi overnight pad as backup. I never got my ultrasound to make sure my iud was in place, my insurance dropped me for no reason and I haven't been able to get it back, so I have no idea if it's even in right. This is the first time I've ever had any issues. on top of the bleeding, I'm having terrible cramps, so terrible they're reminding me of when I miscarried. I've read that this iud can cause increased cramps and bleeding, but this is the first time I've experienced it

*update. it's now 10pm and my flow has slowed down to light/regular. thank you ladies for your comments and concerns, I'll continue to update if anything else happens 💙