Gallbladder/Gallstones Getting Worse...

𝙲𝚊

I was diagnosed with gallstones back in January, 2 weeks after delivering my first baby. I was given a referral to a surgeon to have the gallbladder removed but his office is closed for an “undisclosed amount of time”, so I’ve been controlling the attacks by diet. I watch my fat and cholesterol intake. I try not to eat anything with over 3-5 grams of fat or cholesterol.

3 days ago I had an attack last 16 hours straight. I went to the ER at the 13 hour mark. The doctor there gave me 2 different NSAID’s (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) & something for my nausea/vomiting to hold me over until I find a different surgeon (which is proving quite difficult in my area...). Since that day I have had at least 1 gallbladder attack a day no matter what I eat. I had mashed potatoes for lunch and boom!—an attack started. I had (boneless, skinless) chicken breast and bell peppers for supper and boom!—another attack. Yesterday and the day before I only had liquids (water, sweet tea, apple juice) and small easily digestible snacks (bananas, crackers).

Luckily one of the NSAID’s I took helped almost immediately. But why is it doing this now? Is it because it was such a long attack that my gallbladder is just super sensitive right now? What can I eat that WON’T affect me?

I’m honestly scared to eat anything at this point. Drinking water gives me anxiety that I’ll have another attack ffs. What do I do?