Paying to park at work

Sugarplum

I thought this would just be light hearted, some may not see it as controversial but could be seen as it for me it is as I work for the NHS and I feel as though it should be means tested. I work 12.5 hour shifts, I live 40 minute drive away from work and public transport wouldnt allow me to be at work in time for me not to bring myself. I pay £30 a month parking (comes out my wages) and it doesn't matter whether you are the head of the hospital or a part time domestic you still have to pay £30 parking. Some people in my workplace drive to work and park up and they live a stone throw away and I know in other trusts they have cut down on people who would either walk or use public transport to get to and from work to cut down om staff parking. Thoughts? Do you have to pay? I dont work in a city, it is a little cottage hospital accident and emergency. My husband saw nothing wrong with my working and payong for parking until I asked him if he had to pay. I know it doesnt seem like much money but it all adds up like £360 a year.

Vote below to see results!