Manicure help??

Clarissa • Mama

The only time I’ve gotten a manicure was a terrible experience! I’ve always been terrified, but my MIL had offered me a pampering gift for my birthday so I decided to give it another go.

After doing some light googling, I think I want short almond shaped nails (because I have chubby fingers lol).

I cannot decide a color! Or a design! Should I even get a design??

I don’t want anything super showy (because I have very pale chubby fingers and don’t need people to go out of their way to notice them lol)

I don’t want to go home crying like the last time. I want to be confident when I talk to the nail technician and at least have an idea of what we are talking about.

These are some things I found while I was looking for ideas..

I really like the marbling technique for a “statement nail,” I love the flat/matte looks, sparkle is always a plus, and I am loving purple thanks to Pantone’s color of the year. I wouldn’t get all of these done at once though lol I’d narrow it down.

What is your advice? Would the purple be too showy? Is the marble a super difficult technique? What color? What design? What shape? Gel or powder? HELP!

*lifestyle question