Possible Tips To Help Conceive Successfully!
Okay, to start this off, I have NOT conceived yet. Hence the “possibly helpful.”
I’m adding three new things to my “tips & tricks” regime, and I figured I’d share them all with you. Feel free to take what you need from this post, ask questions, or research what you may (:
!!! everyone is different, please be kind ♡ !!!
1.) Prenatal Vitamins
- some believe prenatals can make you more fertile. This is actually a myth, but that does not mean taking prenatals prior to conception isn’t recommended. The vitamins and minerals in prenatals are essential to have healthy baby and when you take them prior to conception, those v’s & m’s are already in place. Prenatals contain “Folic Acid” that also prevents serious birth defects. Everyone is different so a prenatal that works best for you might differ from someone else but that’s okay! Taking any prenatal at all is a good way to ensure a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy.
2.) Ovulation Test Kit
- ovulation test strips detect a surge in the luteinizing hormone (LH), which occurs before ovulation. By timing intercourse shortly after the LH surge, (positive ovulation test) you can increase your odds of bringing sperm and egg together at the time when conception is most likely to occur. Cervical Mucus (CM) is not always a reliable way to check for ovulation, so it’s always good to get some tests involved. Also, the internet and <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.nurture">pregnancy apps</a> (including glow) give you an ~estimated~ fertile window. Most women ovulate around day 14-16 of their cycle, but not everyone is the same and not every cycle is the same! If you ovulated on day 15 last month, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll ovulate on the same day again... so like I said, it’s always good to get some tests!
3.) PreSeed Fertility Lubricant
- most lubricants are unfortunately not fertility friendly and can actually make it more difficult for sperm to swim and find the egg. PreSeed is a high-quality lubricant that mimics fertile CM to support sperm and is commonly used in fertility clinics. It is also pH-balanced and isotonic, so sperm can swim freely. Woo! I personally like it because it doesn’t dry out or get “crusty.” Yuck!
4.) Maca Root Powder
- Maca root is a herb that has been proven to improve fertility in both men and women. It’s commonly used for fertility support, energy, vitality, and to balance hormones. It helps nourish the endocrine system, the pituitary, adrenal, and thyroid glands which are all involved in hormonal balance. Maca has properties which help strengthen the body so it is able to resist sickness and stress. It also supports the adrenal glands and balance the body’s functions including all sexual functions. I first heard about Maca Root through women struggling with Endometriosis finally conceiving, and all my research on it seems amazing so, worth a try!
5.) Baby Aspirin
- the theory behind taking low-dose (baby) aspirin while TTC and pregnancy is a little complicated. Aspirin acts as an anti-inflammatory and blood thinner. I think we all know how important it is to keep your body safe from inflammation, and thinner blood is less likely to clot. Thinner blood creates increased blood flow and circulation that can help to boost fertility, help with conception, and might be able to prevent miscarriages (especially if you have a blood disorder.) It works to reduce that risk by helping the uterine wall lining to thicken to optimal thickness so that the egg is more likely to implant in a solid “home” that will provide a safe environment for the growth and development of the baby. Some nurses have personally recommended this to me! Be sure to stick with the 81mg, nothing with a higher dosage!
- with all the stress TTC brings, it’s very important to give yourself some time to recuperate and analyze your emotions. Some forget that their TTC journey should include a daily mind and body rest to help keep stress at bay. Stress! Is! A! Killer! Of! All! Good! Things! Meditation is commonly used to reduce stress, increase compassion, build stronger relationships, and balance hormones. Many don’t realize that they’re ignoring one key aspect when it comes to getting pregnant, which is meditation for fertility. After researching how helpful mindfulness can be for women going through their TTC journey, I have made changes to my own lifestyle to make sure I spend at least 5 mindful and meditative moments each day.
If you read all of this, thank you! Everyone’s TTC journey is different but I hope this could bring some light and insight to those needing it.
Sending baby dust to all, may our little angels come to us soon ♡