Asthmatics and medical marijuana

I've been a severe asthmatic since I was 5 years of age, even before that but they couldn't diagnose asthma that young. But I'm 19 now and my asthma isn't improving my steroid medication doesn't really help either I'm being monitored every two months by my asthma nurse changing steroids back and forth and I've been in and out of hospital from asthma attacks. It's a struggle and it's embarrassing I'm 19 and so unhealthy , so I'm looking for literally ANY relief.

Does medical marijuana help asthma or not?

I know some people will jump on the band wagon and say no because they don't like weed , lmao I never even considered smoking it before and I've never liked the idea of it.

I've heard mixed stories on marijuana and health benefits so I'm just literally willing to try anything at this point , can anyone help or have gone through this too?

Lil update - i know smoking isn't good for asthma but apparently the THC In weed opens the airways ?? This is what I've found out from research thus far, it kinda like does the opposite of smoking -apparently. But I don't want to risk it until I've heard personal stories.