Took some time but...

Amanda • baby boy born April 4th, 3 days overdue. absolutely perfect.

I had my son on April 4th, but it took me some time to get to writing this. Sleep was much more important. On April 3rd I had my 40 week appointment with my OB. I had been sitting at 2cm dilated for a couple weeks and while I had lost my mucus plug, I hadn't had a single contraction at all for days. She did a stretch and scheduled an induction for the Saturday, 6 days after I was due (due date was April 1st). My parents had come down for the weekend, hoping that their first grandchild would arrive, and had to leave as my brother had missed two days of school at that point and wanted to go home (He's mentally disabled, so long trips are hard with him). They dropped us off at home and packed up their things. My fiance convinced me to order pizza to celebrate finally having an actual end date to this pregnancy. I ordered it then went to have a shower hoping to get rid of the extreme back pain I was having. We ate our pizza, and at 2:20pm I stood up from the couch feeling like something was wrong. I just made it off the carpet and onto the tile by my front door when my water broke. At first my fiance thought I peed myself and he was making fun of me. It wasn't until a few minutes later when contractions started that he slightly freaked out. He spent ten minutes trying to call his mom's house for a ride to the hospital while I cleaned up and messaged my parents. We ended up having to take a taxi to the hospital as my parents were 2 1/2 hours from us at that point and no answer from his mom. That taxi ride was the slowest I've ever had in a taxi. At the hospital they confirmed my water broke and I was 3cm dilated and they tugged on my cervix to bring it down (ouch). The nurse told me to walk around the hospital for an hour and they would admit me then. Contractions were about 6 minutes apart lasting about a minute each time. After being admitted, we continued to walk until almost 7pm. At that point I was only 4cm dilated so they were going to start on oxytocin. I got an epidural at that point because I was tired and just couldn't deal with the pain anymore. Our families arrived, and dispute me not wanting everyone in the room, they stayed with us until I had another cervix check. We fell asleep around 12 and I woke up at 3am when the nurse wanted to check my cervix again. finally we were at 10cm. At 530am I started pushing. and at 6:59am my son was born. My fiance cut the cord and I did skin to skin while they stitched me up. My fiance was surprised that I didn't make noise while having him and he didn't cry either. we had to coax a cry out of him for the nurse. My little man was 8lb 11oz and 20.5 inches long. My little rainbow baby. <3