New IUD

Cel

So i got the Mirena IUD on April 19th, and my midwife told me it was okay to start having sex after 2 days, but continue to use a condom for 1 week. I wanted to wait until my insertion bleeding ended, which was on the 26th. Last night, the 27th, my bf & I had unprotected sex for the first time. He knows all about the IUD because we talked about it before i got it. Well after we got done he said the tip of his penis was hurting, & explained that during intercourse he felt like he was jabbing something. He didn’t explain it like something poking him, or something going into his urethra (i was thinking maybe he could feel the strings). The only way he could explain was kind of like he was hitting a flatter surface. So he couldn’t go as deep as he usually would have. I guess my question is if anyone has ever had this happen? or anything similar? And what you guys decided to do about it. I have a f/u scheduled May 24th for the string check, and i’ll ask them at this appt. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar situation. Thanks in advance. 😊