Don’t buy Shermag products

Alicia

I just wanted to warn everyone to not buy anything from Shermag furniture. They do not stand by their products. I will share our unfortunate event.

We like many soon to be parents purchased a rocker/glider from toys r us as a buy online and pick up in store. We got the rocker home and had to wait a few weeks before we could get the glider put together. We were just busy. This was also before we knew they were going out of business.

Once we started putting it together I noticed a small hairline split in the bottom of the wood on the base of the chair seat. We were upset but immediately contacted the manufacturer for a replacement part. Just like the instructions stated all over the manual. DO NOT RETURN TO THE STORE CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR PARTS & DEFECTS. So silly us that is what we did. I sent an email with pictures and details of the product. Waited 3 days called left a voice mail. Waited 2 more days left another voicemail. Email again the next day. Nothing. So I waited a few more days. It had been about 2 weeks total wait time. Finally I get an email back. It said sorry we do not have parts for you. We can not help.

No other info. No other options on what to do. I was ticked and wrote again. Their warranty states if they don’t have parts for a new item they will send you a like product. That was not offered.

Our next issue was we went to toys r us that is about an hour away and asked if there was anything they could do. The manager said no. She said last week was their cut off for reruns. I was angry because the website said that no returns at that location about a week before we contacted Shermag. I just wanted the manager to exchange the part or help us with the manufacture but there was no support there either.

I guess I just don’t understand if they manufacture the chair why they can’t get us a part? That is all I want. It was never used and we spent over $200. We were left high and dry over the glider. I will never buy from this company again.