40+2 And finally in labor

Bri

Hey ladies, I hope this helps someone as I was always reading stuff on this group to see how to induce naturally (without CASTOR oil, as well). Anyways, I am 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I had no signs of labor or anything I was only 2.5-3 cm dilated and not really effaced and my doctor wanted me to get induced after 41 weeks. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands yesterday. I looked up some acupressure videos to help induce labor on YouTube and I focused on the "spleen 6 point". I put pressure on it for 10 minutes at a time throughout the day. I also used breast pump for nipple stimulation (15 mins on each breast and I did that twice yesterday). I walked a lot and did some lazy lunges and bounced around on my birthing ball. Then at night, had sex with my hubby and we both orgasmed. So, I had cramps here and there this morning..nothing too alarming. After eating lunch, I was just chilling on my bed with my son and husband. My hubby was attempting to do acupressure on me and I was just laughing. All of a sudden, I felt a huge gush of water leaking. Initially, I thought it was just some watery discharge but I felt the gush 3 more times and then I saw blood on my pajamas. Currently, I've been admitted to the hospital and waiting for my contractions to get stronger as my water did break. I don't know exactly what I did yesterday that helped but if you are as desperate as I was..go ahead and try them. Just make sure that you are at least 39 weeks. Please wish me luck and send good vibes my way. I am very excited to hold my baby girl but also crazy nervous. *****UPDATE** SHE ARRIVED AFTER 11 HOURS OF LABOR and 20 mins of pushing!!