My Rainbow Baby’s Birth Story

Carmelina • Mario 💍 & Adelina 🍯💛

I had a fairly easy pregnancy, some migraines and really bad back pain were my only complaints. On March 5th, early in the morning around 3-4am I was having contractions, I woke up in pain several times but I decided I would just sleep lol. So at 10 am my husband and I showered and got ready to go about our day, I wasn’t sure if I was ready to go into labor but we took the hospital bags and carseat anyways. We went to zaxby’s and I couldn’t eat because I felt so sick! So around 12:30 we went to the hospital and up to OB Triage, they put me in a room and told me to get undressed then someone came to hook me up to some monitors. About 20 minutes later a nurse comes in to tell me they’re inducing me because my blood pressure was super high, I had no history of preeclampsia ( & no one even bothered to check if I was dilated ). Anyways I was taken into Labor and Delivery and was told I was being induced again, but still no one checked me for dilation. An hour of being in the hospital they finally checked me and I was already 7 1/2 centimeters dilated so there was no need to induce me! at 3:30 I finally got epidural and I was already 8 1/2. At 5:30 I was ready to push, fully dilated. I didn’t get to push. I was left alone for a while but then my epidural was wearing off on my left side and the pain was awful, so they kept having to give me pain medications to help, but with every contraction I could feel my daughter push down! Anyways around 10:30 the doctor comes in and tells me my daughter was facing my back and they were going to check to see if she had turned. Mind you, the last time I was checked was at 5:30 I was fully dilated but my daughter was facing my back. They didn’t come back to check on me until 10:30. 5 hours later. So they turned her and she was ready to come! It happened so quick, she was born at 10:54pm 3/5/18 weighing 7lbs 3oz, 20 1/4 inches long! She did have high risk jaundice but after being under the lights for a whole day she was able to go home and her levels never went back up! I’m so thankful for my rainbow baby Adelina Renée 💗