Insensitive husband?

M.

We just found out yesterday, confirmed today, about our miscarriage. It’s only been a few days since we knew but I’m 34 and this is hitting me really hard.

My husband has been really supportive until today - he came home complaining about his day then said “and I don’t know what’s wrong with you” — 😧 and I just gawked. He continued “one moment you’re fine then you’re crying” - I told him I’ve been trying to be strong but I can’t help when emotions hit me. Then he mumbled under his breath, went into his man-cave basement and slammed the door on me. I haven’t been able to stop crying.

I understand men might take this whole process differently but it felt like such an insensitive way to act toward me. I am grieving even as short as our time was (we’ve only known for a little less than 2 weeks). I am still feeling extreme loss and emptiness and since we haven’t told anyone I need him more than anyone.

Has anyone dealt with similar reactions from their SO? How do I approach him for compassion without seeming clingy or whatever? I am so lost right now. 😢